Traction can be defined as a therapeutic method to relieve pain. Pain relief is achieved by stretching and realigning the spine position. Relieving pressure from the vertebral discs is the main objective of this form of therapy. Stretching the spine leads to separation of the vertebrae. The pressure caused by nerve endings on the vertebral discs is greatly reduced. The stress applied on the discs is also reduced.For this therapeutic method, one can either use of spinal traction devices or use the Manual Traction. Traction is widely used for neck-related conditions and lower back pain.
Whites Physical Therapy in Wilmington, MA is one of the few centers that focus on this type of therapeutic method. Traction as a pain reliever packs a couple of benefits such as:
- Manual traction helps one stabilize and realign bone fractures. This might have been caused by a broken arm or leg.
- The physical therapists at Whites Physical Therapy in Wilmington will enforce your traction program before any surgery that is related to any bone structure. If they do this before a fracture related surgery, it will greatly reduce the pain you will endure.
- Manual traction under an experienced professional will make it easier for one to recover from bone related deformities. People who suffer from conditions such as scoliosis are prime candidates to undergo traction at the Whites Physical Therapy in Wilmington, MA.
- Manual traction has been proven to correct stiff and constricted muscles. It also works on painful joints and tendons. Traction has also been known to help with skin related discomfort.
- Manual traction is also used to stretch the neck and spine. This helps one prevent them from suffering painful muscle spasms in future.
Visit us at Whites Physical Therapy in Wilmington, MA and avoid the risks involved in this procedure.